C33 Fall 2023 Exhibition Program The Department of Exhibitions, Performances, and Student Spaces (DEPS) offers students at Columbia College Chicago the opportunity to exhibit their art within a gallery setting at the C33 Gallery on Columbia’s campus. Students within any field of study are open to submit their work, be it a solo, or group exhibit. Exhibits with more than 3 people should be submitted to the Hokin Gallery.
This Fall 2023 semester we are looking to book 3 exhibitions. If selected, be prepared to be available to install and deinstall said exhibit during fall semester 2023.
How to Apply
The following items are required, applications that do not include these items will be rejected. Applications must be submitted before April 3rd, 2023.
- Contact information of applicant and names of contributors (if exhibit is NOT solo)
- Expected graduation date (all artists must be actively enrolled at Columbia during their exhibit)
- Your (and other exhibiting artists) major/area of study at Columbia
- If submitting a group proposal, the submitter should be the main organizer/contact person for the exhibit.
- Submit 7-10 images, or a 2-3-minute video of the proposed work to be exhibited
- Submitted image information: title of work, date of creation, materials/process, name of creator (whether work was made solo or through collaborative effort)
- A general floor plan for the exhibit which shows how the work will be placed in the gallery.
- Brief description of the proposed exhibition that gives DEPS a clear overview of the goal and meaning of your work, should be at least 2 to 3 paragraphs.
- Must be a current Columbia student at the time of the application and during the exhibit
Applicants interested in submitting a curatorial proposal featuring more than 3 artists should consider the Hokin Gallery- please visit the following link: http://students.colum.edu/deps/curatorial-proposals/index.php
Click here for a blank floor plan of C33.
Click here to view a mock proposal to see an example of what we are looking for in applications.
Click here to see examples of previous exhibitions by students in C33.